1.Where is Linesville?
Contrary to my joked-about mistaken Facebook post, Linesville is in Pennsylvania, not Ohio; however, it does border Ohio. It's also about 45 minutes south of Erie, Pennsylvania, which is on Lake Erie, so it's pretty much in the far Northwestern corner of the state, as you can see in the Google Maps view linked here. It's only 80 miles from Cleveland, Ohio, and slightly further from Pittsburgh. Its population is just over 1,000, similar to Gillett, the town where Jonathan formerly pastored.
Jonathan grew up in Quarryville, Pennsylvania, which is in Southern Lancaster County; that is where his parents and both brothers and their families still live. I can't get the map link to work right, but it's basically in the opposite corner of the state; it's about a 6-hour drive. (We'll be about 10 hours from Madison, which is where my parents live.)
2.Why are you excited to go there?
Well, you might like to visit us to see Pennsylvania's second-most-visited tourist attraction, but we're not moving to Linesville to find out if the ducks really do walk on the fish. Jonathan is excited to again fulfill his life's calling as a pastor, preaching and teaching God's Word and serving those within the church and the Linesville community.
When we set out for our second visit to the church, I have to admit that my focus was on getting out of this transition time and into a more permanent home and routine. However, during that visit, we truly began forming relationships with people and desiring to go in order to serve them, not just because we liked it there (which we actually do!). The church itself has about 100 people, including a balanced range of age groups and many children.
(Random fun fact: With our family's move, we'll help even out the gender imbalance among the children in two churches. Here at Calvary Bible Fellowship in Madison, there are far more boys than girls. At Calvary Baptist Church in Linesville, there are currently many more girls than boys--I think I counted 14 out of 20 in their Christmas program!)
3. Where will you be living?
We'll be living in the church's parsonage, which is located about a mile from the church. Both are outside of town, but they are not on adjacent property. The house is a 2-story home with an unfinished basement and a small, unattached garage. It sits on 5 acres, most of which are wooded. It has 4 spacious bedrooms, 2 full baths, and the pastor's study. One of the bedrooms is on the main floor, and we plan to use it as a play room/guest room. (So if you're in the area or feel like taking a road trip, please do come visit--we will certainly have room for you!)
I don't remember many details except that it does have a dishwasher (something I've been without since our August move) and a really nice-sized mud room (something I've always dreamed of having!). We didn't have much time to look around at it, and taking pictures or measurements seemed like it would come across as presumptuous, so we didn't. Now, I really wish we had! Oh, well. I (kind of) like surprises!
4. When are you actually moving?
- Mon., Jan. 9th – Pastor Wagner & friends in Madison, WI, to load 6’x12’ U-Haul trailer pulled behind Pastor’s truck.
- Tues., Jan. 10th – Pastor Wagner to drive to Linesville and unload trailer at parsonage.
- Wed., Jan. 11th – Pastor Wagner to leave from Erie airport and fly back to Madison.
- Sat., Jan. 14th – Pastor Wagner and friends in Madison, WI, to load 20’ U-Haul truck.
- Sun., Jan. 15th – After attending church in the morning in Madison, Pastor Wagner to drive U-Haul truck and Tammy to drive minivan about 5 hours toward Linesville.
- Mon., Jan. 16th – Pastor Wagner and Tammy to drive the remainder of the way to Linesville and unload truck.
- Wed., Jan. 18th—Pastor Wagner to attend first service in his role as pastor of CBC Linesville.
- Sun., Jan. 22nd—Pastor Wagner’s first Sunday as pastor of CBC Linesville.
|At least 2 of my boys are still travel-sized!|
|Josh's favorite part of moving is the extra boxes and bins to climb on!|
|As long as we can all remember this part, we'll be fine!|
|This picture was taken of our family the month of move #1 of 4. |
(Yes, we're all 4 there--Josh is hiding in my tummy!)
|Caleb has moved many times in his not-quite-three years of life.|
Here's hoping (and praying!) that after this, we don't move again
for a long, long, long time!