Thursday, May 17, 2012

Proverbs 31 Study--Day 4

This will be another quick one. As I've been trying to more diligently follow the already-familiar example of this phantom woman, God is truly blessing my efforts! Even though I didn't get up *quite* as early as I'd planned, I was able to write 5 articles (I wrote a total of 4, all of last week, so that's major progress!), straighten 2 rooms, do 2 freezer meals in addition to our lunch (my favorite mac-n-cheese using this recipe, only I add in ham cubes) and make up some peanut butter granola for snacks and then baked oatmeal for tomorrow morning in addition to one to freeze. Whew!

(By the way, all those recipes turned out well, except that the granola was really piec-y and crumbly--maybe too much oatmeal? Everyone likes it, though, and it's great with yogurt or as an ice cream topping! Anyhow, one new chicken recipe I tried for the first time this week is
this amazingly easy one, and everyone loved it! Yea!)

Beleive it or not, everyone was taken care of and fed and everything, too, and now I'm about to snuggle with a very tired gardener who's just getting out of his shower while we watch our favorite shows!

One more thing: Here's a great post by Angela about parenting intentionally, for God's glory! (Especially if you don't have the money for a Disney vacation, this post should be an encouragement to you!) You'll also see my family's picture at the bottom because I decided to join her link-up party--yea!
Okay, without further adieu, here's my S. O. A. P. for today.
  • Scripture: Proverbs 31:7-9
  • Observation: She is teaching him to speak up for others, not on his own behalf. This reminds me of Proverbs 27:2--"Let another praise you, and not your own mouth;A stranger, and not your own lips" as well as Philippians 2:3--"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." So different from a worldly focus on self esteem and selfishness!
  • Application: While I want to teach my sons to stand up for themselves, I also need to make sure to teach them to look out for one another and for others around them.

    This is an interesting thought for me this week, because I was thinking just last week about something similar, when my hubby had the opportunity to show his true manliness by pulling a man who was beating his 14-year-old daughter off of her: As much as I tend to focus on my boys' safety at their young ages (1 and 3), ultimately, I'm preparing them to be willing to do what isn't safe, for the benefit of others and God's glory. I want them to be courageous enough to run into a burning building to save a child or risk their very lives to share the Gospel.

    I really should upload a picture of my sorry first attept at homemade granola, never mind the "P" part, but my tired gardener is ready to snuggle and veg. :)





No comments: